Most consistent long range projectiles

Most consistent and accurate long range bullet manufacturer?

• Total voters

BEEMAN

Berger is pretty much the best out there from lot to lot and bullet to bullet until you go to custom made bullets, the monos are technically made to very tight tolerance BUT we have not seen them lighting up any measured accuracy events like Berger. In Canada I would really give Matrix a SOLID look.
Not sure what’s happening with Matrix. I can’t open their website or any link tied to them. Hope the border shut down didn’t force him to close the doors. I’ll try to send him a email. I’m in Canada and have shot lots of Matrix bullets out of my 6.5 Sherman.

Calvin45

Not sure what’s happening with Matrix. I can’t open their website or any link tied to them. Hope the border shut down didn’t force him to close the doors. I’ll try to send him a email. I’m in Canada and have shot lots of Matrix bullets out of my 6.5 Sherman.
I tried to check them out too but it looks like they might be no more. That would be too bad. I was intrigued by their 270 projectiles.

Calvin45

So far looking at the poll we have berger ahead by a tremendous margin with Sierra coming in a very distant second, then a toss up between everyone else. Perhaps when it comes time to get new components to experiment with I’ll have to fork over the extra cash and give the bergers a try. If I do I’d like to start with the 215 hybrids in my 300 win mag and the 130 classic hunters in my 270 win.

CMP70306

There was a change in the import rules that classified bullets as ammunition which requires far more regulation and effectively cut him off from the US market. Since that constituted the majority of his business I believe he closed up shop since it was no longer profitable.

Calvin45

There was a change in the import rules that classified bullets as ammunition which requires far more regulation and effectively cut him off from the US market. Since that constituted the majority of his business I believe he closed up shop since it was no longer profitable.
Makes you scratch your head doesn’t it. Precisely made pieces of metal, nothing else, nothing more, like coins or bolts, being classified as ammunition.

Calvin45

As of right now berger has 53 votes and the next highest is Sierra with 12. Wow. I knew they were well liked by the long range/precision shooting crowd, but didn’t expect this kind of landslide. Good to know, thanks for sharing. I think I owe it to myself to try some one day. From all I’ve been reading lately it’d be a choice for me between the 200.20x, the 215 hybrid, or the 230 hybrid in my 300 win, and the 130 classic hunter or the 150 vld hunting in my 270.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce