Most consistent long range projectiles

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Calvin45, Jul 9, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Berger

69.7%
  2. Lapua

3.4%
  3. Sierra

13.5%
  4. Nosler

4.5%
  5. Hornady

6.7%
  6. Other

2.2%
  1. BEEMAN

BEEMAN Well-Known Member

Not sure what’s happening with Matrix. I can’t open their website or any link tied to them. Hope the border shut down didn’t force him to close the doors. I’ll try to send him a email. I’m in Canada and have shot lots of Matrix bullets out of my 6.5 Sherman.

Calvin45 likes this.
  2. Calvin45

Calvin45 Well-Known Member

I tried to check them out too but it looks like they might be no more. That would be too bad. I was intrigued by their 270 projectiles.

3. Calvin45

So far looking at the poll we have berger ahead by a tremendous margin with Sierra coming in a very distant second, then a toss up between everyone else. Perhaps when it comes time to get new components to experiment with I’ll have to fork over the extra cash and give the bergers a try. If I do I’d like to start with the 215 hybrids in my 300 win mag and the 130 classic hunters in my 270 win.

Freddy Phifer likes this.
  4. Deezel

Deezel Active Member

If you want to shoot better, shoot Berger.

5. CMP70306

CMP70306 Well-Known Member

There was a change in the import rules that classified bullets as ammunition which requires far more regulation and effectively cut him off from the US market. Since that constituted the majority of his business I believe he closed up shop since it was no longer profitable.

6. Calvin45

Makes you scratch your head doesn’t it. Precisely made pieces of metal, nothing else, nothing more, like coins or bolts, being classified as ammunition.

7. Calvin45

As of right now berger has 53 votes and the next highest is Sierra with 12. Wow. I knew they were well liked by the long range/precision shooting crowd, but didn’t expect this kind of landslide. Good to know, thanks for sharing. I think I owe it to myself to try some one day. From all I’ve been reading lately it’d be a choice for me between the 200.20x, the 215 hybrid, or the 230 hybrid in my 300 win, and the 130 classic hunter or the 150 vld hunting in my 270.

8. Freddy Phifer

Freddy Phifer Member

I’ve used Berger and Sierra bullets. I’ll always vote for Berger has the best there is.

Calvin45 likes this.
  9. Calvin45

Have you used any of the ones I mentioned? If so which do you recommend? Again, cartridges are 270 Winchester and .300 win mag

10. Freddy Phifer

Freddy Phifer Member

I use the in .22, 6mm, 6.5, .25, and 308. The VLD’s target bullets are outstanding and all I load.