more scope adjustment?

dodgefreak8

hey everyone I have a question about my burris signature select scope. I have it on my 7mm stw sighted in at 100yrds. my question is I have 80 clicks up and I run out of adjustment but I have over 180 down how do I utilze all this adjustment space? different rings or what

Yes or a canted base. Burris Signature Rings can give you 20 MOA or 80? clicks. (4 clicks/inch)

Some of the various manufacturers make 20MOA bases, Badger and Farrel and Leupold? I think make some. There are more I'm sure.

If you wanted, you could use a 20 MOA base and the Signature Rings and get 30 MOA to use up 120 of the 180 clicks you 'lost.' That might just allow you to shoot to 1500+ yards with the right bullet.

Stephen

Well, welcome aboard. we don't have nearly enough Ruger #1 users here.

I had to delete my whole post. Let me think for a while. I have a #1 7 mmWby that is dialed past a 1000yds. I will have to pull it out and see what can be done. Mine had a Redfield base intalled on top of the quarter rib so I have more options than you.

What kind of a dodge? Old 426 Hemi?

thanks for the welcome. I would greatly appreciate your time. I absolutly love the rifle but I am still getting the kinks out of my loads oh and I am an a body small block mopar fan. 2 dodge darts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As SW says- Burris signature rings with the inserts will be the easiest unless you have extension rings. Ruger #1 was not designed for good eye relief in my opinion.

74 vette 454 - replacing the rear suspension right now.

318397.jpg

Trying to install new 2 inch offset rear trailing arms so I can get enough rubber on the road plus gymkhana suspension.
316707.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.