Montana Buck meets nosler LRAB

300stw

lots of time looking for bucks this year, son took one, wife took a little whitetail buck,,

this morning was out watching rutting bucks shove each other and chase does,,

was watching this buck for a 1/2 hour, out on some hard accesible state land, decided good enough for me for what I have seen,
about a mile stalk presented a 390 yard hard quartering away shot
7saum shooting the nosler 168 LRAB at 2950 muzzle velocity
off side shoulder completely destroyed, no bullet to recover

1.5 hour drag, and home time, good eats in the future

Nice buck, looks like earned it.
That would be my bullet of choice in my SAUM if we could get them over here. So will be using the standard AB 160grn I think.

What powder you using?

Congratulations and nice buck!!!! Thanks for taking the time to post results.....and congrats to the rest of the family!

What was the shape of the exit hole?

Good buck! So, how do you like the performance of the Nosler LRAB? Is this the first kill with it? How's the accuracy?

exit hole 50 cent piece size, ragged oblong hole,

so far the bullet shoots .5 moa pretty easy out to 800 yards, need to find some more critters, went thru a whitetail doe broad side thru ribs, broke ribs both sides, 50 cent size hole off side,,,

What load were you shooting? Please include OAL and how far you are off/into the lands. Also, if you know what reamer was used, what is the freebore?

Thanks

Dan

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.