Modifying MDT LSS Chassis

JasonAL

Has anyone modified a MDT chassis to a left hand action?
Currently have a right hand MDT lss for a short action tikka. I'm left hand dominate, but can shoot right handed, wife is right handed, and kids are too young to tell.

I have seen some post about modifying a factory stock to left hand by removing material where the bolt is but not on a aluminum chassis.
Thoughts and opinions?

Edited to add picture for reference

81F185F6-8884-471E-9A28-2BF73A8FAA42.jpeg

Last edited:
Based on the picture it appears you would need both the bolt opening and trigger safety area milled out. Not my style but could be done with power/hand tools if you don't care about the appearance. Do you know anyone with a milling machine, that would be the way to go.

I don't know anyone with a milling machine, it would definitely come out better than me working it with a Dremel. Not really concerned about the inside rather than the notch for the bolt handle.

Same as above. I.d tackle it.after you get rough out the finer grit etc you use the nicer.can finish with fine drum sander on Dremel .Looks anodized, but could mask and spray or air brush if you have one.You can do the other cut out with a small drill press if you or friend has