Model 66 S&W

HARPERC

I've decided I need another double action handgun. A 4" 66 seems to fit the requirements well.
Prices seem to be all over the map. I can see why some of the commemoratives are out of the general range, but are there year models, or other features I need to know about that I'm missing?

The older models had pined barrels and recessed cylinders, these command a premium. Newer (early to mid 1980? and later) don't have these features. Any S&W with the box and accessories or one in a presentation case will also command a premium. I am sure there are other factors like target triggers, target hammers, sight configurations etc that affect the price.

Also remember that in the late 1980s S&W made dozens (or more) custom runs of their firearms for police departments, foreign governments and large wholesalers all of which impact price.

Good luck

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts