Holster for S&W Model 500

JKOmohundro

Hi, everyone!

My father gave me a used Smith & Wesson Model 500 for my birthday this past May.

It's the standard model with the eight-and-three-eighths-inch barrel and compensator.

The previous owner fitted it with a Sightron 1.25X--4X long-eye-relief 'scope, in a dovetail mount that replaced the original rear sight. (The base has a set of auxiliary iron sights attached; the rear sight appears to be fully adjustable for both windage and elevation.)

At present, I have no intentions to hunt with it; the fact is, just about the only shooting that I do is target shooting.

I was planning to use it for metallic silhouette shooting, if I can ever find out whether or not it's legal under the rules of my local shooting range.

I have a case for the pistol, but I was wondering whether anybody could suggest a good holster.

Oops, I almost forgot--I'm only 5' 6" tall, so just about the only type of holster that would be comfortable would be either a shoulder or bandolier-type rig.

(Unless, that is, there are others out there with which I'm not familiar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Any advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,
JKOmohundro

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.