Mk V trigger issue.

WildBillG

Did a trade one MK V for another just barrel and with triggers. Trouble is the one I got had the trigger removed. When I installed it and cock it the firing pin falls. Now the trigger I got had no hole in the post for the reciever pin to go through and no screw to push back of trigger up. I did all of this and it will still not cock what am I missing.

Let's see a pic of what you have going on. I think I have a factory Mark V laying around as a back if you need it.

Remember that the trigger depends on where the action was built. Germany trigger is different than Japan/USA.

I am no good with pictures so I will try and explain better. You mentioned where rifle was built mine was built in California. From what I am seeing my thought is that the sear is in the wrong place. Is this possible when the post and trigger release match their holes just fine. My reciever had the retaining pin in the hole in the reciever when I got it. The large round post had no hole through it though. Was their a mk v trigger that was not held in with a retaining pin. Also there are 2 tapped holes between the trigger release and the sear would these be for adjustments of some kind. the smaller hole is 6/40 thread the larger is 10/32 if this helps. There is no name on the trigger any where.

Look at this picture. Does this make more sense to your situation?

Attachments

• 483BB06E-2562-4ECB-BABF-A14A584B0700.jpeg
    483BB06E-2562-4ECB-BABF-A14A584B0700.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 115
I got it fixed the 6/40 threaded hole in the top of the trigger contains the sear engagment screw. I backed it out and was no longer able to push sear down. Put it back together and the gun works will likely need some fine tuning though. How ever I am still not sure why there there was not a hole through the large post.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.