Minimum picatinny for high end bipods

livetohunt

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
I am looking for some info on the higher end bipods that attach via picatinny rail. What is the minimum amount of picatinny rail that they need? Is it two slots or one slot for mounting it? What is the total space that the mount needs? I'm talking Spartan, Javelin etc.

I attached a photo to show my intent. I have a limited amount of picatinny here (see the shoulder), and I'm wondering if it is an adequate amount to fit these style bipods.

screen capture.JPG

You dont need much but the lever base shown is real common.So I would saw the center cross bar design to fit that as a minimum

Figure on 5 slots if you want full grip for QD type mounts like on Atlas and Accutac. Only 1 or 3 are likely to be necessary for lockup but the mount will cover about 5 slots. That's based on a ~1.5" long mount on the bipod.

Ohhhh it's just something I'm working on... I guess Arca-pic would be accurate. Intended use for mounting a bipod onto the pic rail section in front, and then the back section is for throwing it on an arca Swiss Tripod head.

I had some 7075 aluminum lying around and was hoping that the section I modeled would be enough, but it looks like it will outgrow that stock size. I will just make the prototype out of 6061 and see how I like it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.