considering a High end AR 308 hunting platform

At the end of the day, all personal preference anyways......so many good products out there. .308 caliber is definitely more accurate on the LMT MWS, but it's well documented the 6.5 creedmoor is not (LMT will only guaranty 1.5 MOA, which is terrible, and completely defeats the point of getting a 6.5 CM IMO). Still think you can build a more accurate and lighter rifle than LMT......the build he has listed out will likely shot as accurate as the LMT, and probably save him a few $100s.

Ok... I'm gonna post one more time for DPMS! Every time I use either my ar15 or ar10 I just can't find enough kind words for them. Got a new scope... Tossed it on yesterday, (well... Last night as I haven't gone to bed yet:))went out to the range and sent 3 shots out to 100 after bore sighting. Used the mil/mil tree to figure out the correction and the next shot was dead center in the diamond at 100 yards.

So.... Took a target out to 200 to check my drop and 2 shots later, this is what that little sweet 16 did... .62" at 200 yards, so .31 @ 100. Hard to hate a rifle that will consistently shoot like that with cheap American Eagle 50gr varmint tips.

image.jpg

There definitely aint nothing wrong with that. I had a dpms lr 308 once before and the truth is it shot really good too. Maybe that lr308 b is the way to go

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts