Minimal press for Lee Collet Neck die at the range

Alan Griffith

With the added work effort to use the Lee collet neck die and my preference to load at the range, I'd like to get your opinions on a press which will serve the purpose yet not weigh a ton.

I'd prefer to not drag my Dillon out and I'm pretty sure my little Lee press is insufficient for the task.

Opinions?

The little lee press will do it... but with a good bit less feel than other presses. Just take care to set the die up as high as possible while still getting full travle out of the collet so it won't take as much effort so size.
The best options would be the smaller presses from RCBS, or redding. RCBS is the partner... I forget the Reding press's name. Rcbs is alloy frame, and Redding is cast iron. Both are smaller, lighter and cheaper than the other full size presses and will get the job done. of course, a full size press like the RCBS rockchucker supreme will give you great feel with the die adjusted down a bit further, but it is bigger, heavier and $30-$50 more than the smaller presses. All of the above are smaller than your dillon though...

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.