Millett LRS-1 : 6 - 25 X 56

Buck Buster

Was looking at the different scopes that were being advertised and came across this one. I remember hearing the name Millett mentioned before but I don't remember if it was good or bad what I heard. I know it isn't going to be a Vortex or a Leupold Mark 4 series scope, but I was amazed at it being listed as having 140 MOA in elevation, and it is praised by many reviews, but I would rather get the scoop on them from some guys on here that may have seen them or know someone that has had one. I want to know if they will take the punishment of a 300 win. mag. and also if their tracking is reliable or any other known catastrophic things they may be noted for. Thanks in advance.

I own two of the 4x16 50mm scopes. I didn't trust the dial up leading into last deer season so I shot it out to 600yds at the range to get the dope on just using the reticle.

Both have spent time on magnum rifles. My 264wm has one and the other has shared tim between a 300wsm and a 6.5-284.

Since deer season has ended I have been back to the range but dialing up the shots instead of using hold over and the scope seems to track fine.

I also have a SWFA fixed 16x and it is very hard to tell them apart. The glass is equal to the SWFA scope.

The clicks are not as crisp, but I've made some pin point hits at 600yds dialing up the shot.

Will it last? I'm not sure, but they are built by Bushnell and have their warranty. So if it starts tracking goofy I will ship it to them.

But for now I'm super pleased with this brand.

I also have 4 of the Millet scopes from the company when they first started in the late 90's. They are all still on rifles and never had an issue.

Last edited:
I own two of the 4x16 50mm scopes. I didn't trust the dial up leading into last deer season so I shot it out to 600yds at the range to get the dope on just using the reticle.

Both have spent time on magnum rifles. My 264wm has one and the other has shared tim between a 300wsm and a 6.5-284.

Since deer season has ended I have been back to the range but dialing up the shots instead of using hold over and the scope seems to track fine.

I also have a SWFA fixed 16x and it is very hard to tell them apart. The glass is equal to the SWFA scope.

The clicks are not as crisp, but I've made some pin point hits at 600yds dialing up the shot.

Will it last? I'm not sure, but they are built by Bushnell and have their warranty. So if it starts tracking goofy I will ship it to them.

I also have 4 of the Millet scopes from the company when they first started in the late 90's. They are all still on rifles and never had an issue.
Thanks for the information.

I think your model has a 2nd focal plain- the TRS-1. I would like someone to give some information on the LRS-1 model. I saw a video on the TRS-1, the guy said you had to be aware of more things when using this model. The clarity and quality should be close. Thanks again for your information. Have a great 2018.

Yes sir it is...SFP...

One guy commented one time that if you can't hit it...at least you can take the scope off and beat them to death with it.

They,are a little heavy but IMO...heavy translates to solid construction!

I have not pursued LRS because of the 34mm tube. If the had made it with a 30mm I would have bought it a long time ago.

I have the 4x16 and it is a great scope. I like the hash marks in between the mildots. it is not the best scope made but in reality you can do any type of shooting you want with it

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts