Millett LRS-1 or Falcon Menace 5-25 for .22LR plinker

dust

I want to get into knob twisting, and hold overs. I don't have the money right now to put a $2000 scope on a $2000 gun and use $2 a round ammo. What I do have is a $200 MK2, and I am looking at a LRS-1 or Falcon Menace to put on it to practice dope and holdover with matching turrets. Another forum said buy a centerpoint and save up for a NIghtforce, S&B, blah blah. I can get the LRS-1 or FM used for about $350, and the LRS-1 should have enough internal adjustment (140 MOA or 43 MIL) to get farther than I want to shoot. the recommended base comes flat or with a 25 MOA slant. I don't even want to know how far 165 MOA would get a .22LR.

The FM had i think 16 MIL. What say you all? the FM would be nice with First Focal plane, but something tells me that learning the hard way will make me appreciate the easy way, and the other features of the LRS, like the range, the IR, and the warranty, will be more beneficial.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.