mil help

hillbily

i need some help with setting up my mil-dot equipped scope, i know how to use mils in ranging and and currently have it zeroed for 100 yards and know the yardage indicated by the mil-dots but i want to raise the poi from 0 @100 yards to 3.5 inches giving me a PBR zero (target size is 8") of 260 yards and a maximum PBR of 306 yards. the scope is on a rem 700p 308win shooting a 168gr SMK, at 2695fps with a SD of 5 fps, i don't want to mess with clicks or moa calculations, just range look at range card and hold-over squeeze and smile. if anyone knows of a free download program that will tell me the poi of each mil-dots descending from the cross hairs with the above mentioned zero or has one and can PM me their calculations would be great thanks.

I believe that 1 mil is 3.58" at 100 yards and 3.6" at 100 meters
wow a whole 0.02 " at 100 yds different, all i want is to drop a 168gr pill into the vitals of a song dog further away than i care to walk without reason, what does that equal? 2" at 1000 yards? every forum i've been on it all ends up the same, "no its 3.58345092 mm @100,00cm or 1.765 turns less 37 clicks," or some such argument, precison is great. i mean i weigh every bullet and case throat turn, and trickle load every round, but come on 0.02" at 100 yards?! really?!? all i wanted was a simple formula or program to calculate simple hold over on a 8" target without dialing a bunch of dope, i mean i'm shooting song dogs in alberta not taliban in tora bora.

that's my next plan, oh Nomadpilot thanks for the link it was exactly what i was looking for! really looking forward to dropping some long range prairie hounds this weekend

wow a whole 0.02 " at 100 yds different, all i want is to drop a 168gr pill into the vitals of a song dog further away than i care to walk without reason, what does that equal? 2" at 1000 yards? every forum i've been on it all ends up the same, "no its 3.58345092 mm @100,00cm or 1.765 turns less 37 clicks," or some such argument, precison is great. i mean i weigh every bullet and case throat turn, and trickle load every round, but come on 0.02" at 100 yards?! really?!? all i wanted was a simple formula or program to calculate simple hold over on a 8" target without dialing a bunch of dope, i mean i'm shooting song dogs in alberta not taliban in tora bora.

Oh, you want precision, yet you complain when you get exacty spacings. Yea makes one realy want to print you out a drop chart.

Buy a ballistics targeting soft ware and figure your own. That way you will not be put out any. I guess you also think there is 2 different Minutes Of Angle, right?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.