• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Midway IMR 4895 1lb. Limits?????!!!!@@##???

Agree in principle to trying to limit hoarding by some, but also agree overarching breakdown is in the hazmat fees. Luckily we live in a a country that is still free for the consumer to vote with their wallets and free for the business to practice whatever selling practices they choose.

What would be really nice would be if all the powder manufactures would start bottling powder in 3lb or 4 lb containers. Most of us really don't need 8lbs at a time but 1lb containers are becoming problematic to ship and you've got lot-to-lot issues to deal with.

Sounds good, It's just that Midsouth has 8 powders in stock,range in price $29-$45, but no IMR 4895 in stock and their price is same as Midway $37lb , ol Larry doing the best they can.

Sounds good, It's just that Midsouth has 8 powders in stock,range in price $29-$45, but no IMR 4895 in stock and their price is same as Midway $37lb , ol Larry doing the best they can.
The porblem is not the price per pound, but the limit of 1 lb, doubles the actual cost.

Price is the time honored way to ration scarce commodities in a capitalist system, but still don't like it.

It oughta be 2 lb limits striking a balance on cost and rationing.

Today, Midway is experimenting with VARGET to see how long it takes to sell with 1 lb. limits

Split a bit of firewood, deliver it to some old guy or gal that needs heat for Winter, they'll probably give ya a few bucks for ur Hazmat $15.99 charge, they'll be warmer, you'll feel a bit better, and ya might get over it

Charity nor common sense Im not short......thats why I have to speak up when I see something dumb that short changes good folk Im trying to help.

Maybe I'll just quit posting anything from Midway, and post twice as much from Natchez and Powder Valley unless they too abdicate to stupid policies.

Rationing without regard to min. fees and unintended consequences is dumb.

Charity nor common sense Im not short......thats why I have to speak up when I see something dumb that short changes good folk Im trying to help.

Maybe I'll just quit posting anything from Midway, and post twice as much from Natchez and Powder Valley unless they too abdicate to stupid policies.

I think letting people know there are supplies available is nice....it is up to the individual to decide how bad they need or want it....

Kinda sounds like $15.99 is too much for ya to help everyone thru the tight supply chain days, if it;s not and ya want some buy it, Midway works pretty hard keep stuff going, why bash those guys

Yeah, it could be Hodgdons is mandating the 1 lb. limits cause they have no powder....

Regardless, who is doing it, its as stupid as say rationing primers 100 at a time with $15 hazmat fee......so hazmat and shipping is double or triple the item bought......Dumber than dirt.

Something Rotten in Denmark.

Midway is almost as bad as gunbroker. I bought 1000 rounds of Barnes from powdervalley and the price has gone up $4. The Midway Gouger has increased the price over the same time period $15.

It's not Hodgdon, all in stock powder is a 1# limit; It's about making money on shipping and hazmat fees.

You might ask why Hodgdons would be involved in rationing?
Maybe they are concerned about switching and substitutions.

Reloaders are a pretty innovative, and resourceful bunch.

Look what is happening w LRT and Retumbo.

No Varget, then there will be new ideas evolving......so even if someone has 1 lb. they havent switched yet.......

Just think how bad it could get if there was a war in the Pacific......
Cant even get powder in peace time.....

$70 per lb will sure cause some to switch too I suppose.