Micrometer Stem For RCBS Uniflow

Tatsnscoots

I am currently using an RCBS uniflow powder measure to drop charges that are "close" and then using a trickler to get to my target weight (I weigh each charge). I am wondering if it is worth adding an RCBS micrometer stem. Does it make adjustments easier, or more precise? I use this for multiple calibers with multiple powders. I am also wondering if adding a baffle would help make charges more consistent?

I have the baffle AND the micrometer.
Finding the charge weight is easier with the micrometer, returning to the previous load and powder is also easier and faster.
Once your technique is giving you consistent charges, I can keep my loads within +/- .1gr, even with coarse stick powders.
The baffle makes for a huge influence on consistent charges.
Prior to fitting the baffle and micrometer, my Uniflow would swing .5gr or more.
It's now on par with my Redding 3BR LR.
Not as good as my Harrel, but nothing is. Lol.

Cheers.

I have the baffle AND the micrometer.
Finding the charge weight is easier with the micrometer, returning to the previous load and powder is also easier and faster.
Once your technique is giving you consistent charges, I can keep my loads within +/- .1gr, even with coarse stick powders.
The baffle makes for a huge influence on consistent charges.
Prior to fitting the baffle and micrometer, my Uniflow would swing .5gr or more.
It's now on par with my Redding 3BR LR.
Not as good as my Harrel, but nothing is. Lol.

Cheers.
Thanks for the reply. I may try that before upgrading to a different measure.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.