Redding Micrometer Seating Stem on Lee or RCBS

Sure. I can't imagine why I couldn't buy one. Are you suggesting I should tap the Lee/RCBS dies or just use the tap for just use it to determine the existing threading?
CleanShot,
Just to check the threading. RCBS changed their threading on that part of the die a couple years ago. Lee ? If you have a set of the older RCBS dies it should work I believe.

CleanShot,
Just to check the threading. RCBS changed their threading on that part of the die a couple years ago. Lee ? If you have a set of the older RCBS dies it should work I believe.

probably cheaper and easier to simply buy a Forster seater, and be done with it. The Forster is a better seater anyway.
gary

I know that the competition dies are more than a micrometer but a micrometer would still make the job more consistent if you switch between bullets. Either way I will check the threading on these dies (both brand new by the way) but I think if it's not a good fit I'll just move on and wait to purchase a serious die at a later time.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.