Menu for Memorial Day 2024 in my humble abode

FEENIX

I started late (0600) by smoking a good old American brisket ()spiced with black pepper, garlic powder, Celtic salt, and Stubb's BBQ rub) —maybe a late dinner/snack, but that's OK; there is plenty to munch on in between. 😇
1 Brisket.jpg

The rest of the menu.
2 Filipino spiced adobo chicken wings.jpg

Chicken wings/drummettes marinated overnight with Filipino adobo spices.
3 Baby back rib with Japanese BBQ sauce.jpg

Baby back ribs marinated overnight with Japanese barbecue sauce and sweet and smoky rub.

I have another protein, but I'm undecided about what to do. I guess you can say I have an international theme going. 😍

4 Beef rib fingers with Za'tar and Harisa.jpg

OK, I am winging this one. It's a beef rib finger seasoned with Mediterranean spices, Za'atar (Lebanese), and Harisa (Tunisian).

5 Smoking beef rib fingers.jpg

Well, smoke it, too; why not?

6 Brisket with truffle infused hot sauce and Chipotle BBQ sauce.jpg

I added truffle-infused hot sauce (French) and Chipotle (Mexican) barbecue sauce and then wrapped it back in the smoker.

7 Baby back ribs.jpg

8 rib fingrers and chicken with Kimche.jpg

With Kimchi (Korean). 🤣

US Flag.jpg

I almost forgot to set the flag. Thank God for my wife reminding me.

Last edited:
That looks good! We had smoked brisket Saturday. Yesterday I ground some antelope meat with 1 pound of smokey bacon ends and pieces to 5 pounds antelope chunks for some fantastic burgers. It was some of the best burgers that I have had in a long time. I know, it's not real without pictures. Have a great Memorial Day.

That looks good! We had smoked brisket Saturday. Yesterday I ground some antelope meat with 1 pound of smokey bacon ends and pieces to 5 pounds antelope chunks for some fantastic burgers. It was some of the best burgers that I have had in a long time. I know, it's not real without pictures. Have a great Memorial Day.
And to you as well.

My wife drank one (at least that is what she admits to) of those when my daughter and I hiked to the Phantom Ranch last spring. She said it was pink.

Yes it is. I was afraid it was going to be sweet when I first tried it, but it's not. Just a prickly taste instead of citrus like most wheat ales. It's very refreshing for the hot summers.

I started late (0600) by smoking a good old American brisket ()spiced with black pepper, garlic powder, Celtic salt, and Stubb's BBQ rub) —maybe a late dinner/snack, but that's OK; there is plenty to munch on in between. 😇
View attachment 574751
The rest of the menu.
View attachment 574752
Chicken wings/drummettes marinated overnight with Filipino adobo spices.
View attachment 574755
Baby back ribs marinated overnight with Japanese barbecue sauce and sweet and smoky rub.

I have another protein, but I'm undecided about what to do. I guess you can say I have an international theme going. 😍

View attachment 574771
OK, I am winging this one. It's a beef rib finger seasoned with Mediterranean spices, Za'atar (Lebanese), and Harisa (Tunisian).

View attachment 574773
Well, smoke it, too; why not?

View attachment 574789
I added truffle-infused hot sauce (French) and Chipotle (Mexican) barbecue sauce and then wrapped it back in the smoker.

View attachment 574814

View attachment 574815
With Kimchi (Korean). 🤣

View attachment 574758
I almost forgot to set the flag. Thank God for my wife reminding me.
9 brisket.jpg
10 Brisket.jpg
11 Brisket.jpg