• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED McWhorter 6.8 Western

mackgee

As with the last one I sold, divorce is forcing my hand on this one too…up for sale is my McWhorter 6.8 Western, built on a Defiance action, 24" 1-8" twist barrel, with a 3 port muzzle brake, Mcmillian stock. Has the picatinny rail for a bipod attachment and an ARCA rail attachment on it as well. Currently shoots the 156 grain hammers out of it under 1/2" as per their guarantee. I have 60 rounds of McWhorter loaded ammo for it. Sitting in Talley lightweight rings is a 2-16x50 Swarovski Z8i, with a custom cut turret on it from McWhorter that will run you out to 1000 yards. Weighs 8 pounds 14 ounces as it sits in the picture. It is in as new condition, maybe a safe mark or two on it. Total package would be $7000 shipped to your FFL. If you don't want the scope I will separate it and sell the gun and the ammo for $5000 shipped. I will not sell the scope separately unless the gun sell first. Thanks for looking…this will be the last one I have to sell to be done with my divorce! 🤣

Mac

E9C7CA4E-0185-40A8-9CB5-05A0D0A9C5A5.jpeg49E22A74-6366-49CE-B7D1-C2320AC7650F.jpeg084DB7CA-E706-432C-B2F5-FAC696291729.jpeg83BA7523-A29A-4380-989A-F093991CC2FF.jpeg00F8E962-9F10-4CC2-93E6-0CEECDAF2CE1.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the forced sale, but that seems like a smoking deal. Must be a $9000+ package for $7000. Load work done, rounds loaded and ballistics verified! I have always wanted to compare the Z8i glass to ATACR glass.

I have clearly exceeded my annual purchase quota and buying another could put me in your position.

How many rounds fired? Any once fired brass or perhaps dies included? Components and reloading for this cartridge might be an important factor for a buyer.

Only rounds are load development from them and maybe 20 from me at one point. No brass, no components or dies for it. It was over $9k total to put this together.,

Jeremy

That's a helluva deal….I can show you my invoice for the 6.5prc they built for me w/ the same components and same scope…..and you'd see it's a great price.
By the way, I've owned just about every high end scope made and, for my eyes, the Z8i is the clearest and brightest. For the guy asking about comparing it to the Atacr, I had a NF Atacr and loved it. The glass was excellent as I remember……but I sold it b/c it was just too heavy for that rifle and really threw the balance off.
Good luck w/ the sale and someone will get an incredible rifle and glass. For me, McWhorter is the standard by which all others are judged. You will almost never see two of their rifles exactly alike. Their custom paint jobs are something else.
One more thing…..their load development and ammo is included in the price and that service is not cheap.

As with the last one I sold, divorce is forcing my hand on this one too…up for sale is my McWhorter 6.8 Western, built on a Defiance action, 24" 1-8" twist barrel, with a 3 port muzzle brake, Mcmillian stock. Has the picatinny rail for a bipod attachment and an ARCA rail attachment on it as well. Currently shoots the 156 grain hammers out of it under 1/2" as per their guarantee. I have 60 rounds of McWhorter loaded ammo for it. Sitting in Talley lightweight rings is a 2-16x50 Swarovski Z8i, with a custom cut turret on it from McWhorter that will run you out to 1000 yards. Weighs 8 pounds 14 ounces as it sits in the picture. It is in as new condition, maybe a safe mark or two on it. Total package would be $7000 shipped to your FFL. If you don't want the scope I will separate it and sell the gun and the ammo for $5000 shipped. I will not sell the scope separately unless the gun sell first. Thanks for looking…this will be the last one I have to sell to be done with my divorce! 🤣

Mac

View attachment 414810View attachment 414811View attachment 414812View attachment 414813View attachment 414814
**** brother hate to hear that. Been there.