• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

McWhorter 270 Weatherby

Brianc74

I have for sale a very lightly used McWhorter 270 Weatherby. Upgrades are Borden action, 3 position safety and also comes with Talley 30mm rings. Round count is 20 plus what was shot by McWhorter to do custom load development. Rifle comes with 20 round of custom loaded ammo from McWhorter aswell.
WTS for $4700 plus shipping
image.jpg

Last edited:
Twist is 1-10. It's a McWhorter! They guarantee 1/2" and better at 100 yards. On velocity. No idea. The box of ammo sent with the custom loaded ammo does not say a velocity, just load recipe. The scope that was on it, has a yardage dial that McWhorter installed.

Looking at the Nosler load book. Looks like velocity should be about 3300 fps with this load that McWhorter developed.
This is with:
N560 powder 71 grains
Fed215m primers
Nosler 140 Accubond
Btian

I will give a 100% endorsement to the guys at McWhorter. I've owned several of their rifles and smokeless muzz's. They are all true examples of perfection of a craft.
Ive been looking for a lighter weight build and was fine with buying used as the lead times for any reputable builder is lengthy.
I happened to call Kyle (@ McWhorter) for another issue, and he informed me they were just finishing up a new build that was exactly what I was looking for......they hadn't painted the stock yet.
Keep in mind they build a few throughout the year and are sold as ready to ship....and right now their inventory is empty, as u can imagine.
Having this rifle sickness as badly as I do, I asked if he would put my name on it. He did....I picked my colors and immediately got that warm fuzzy feeling.
The point to my long story is they could have listed this rifle for sale and it would have been gone in a matter of days, at full price. Instead, they sold to me at a sizable discount.
Im not one the Uber rich that buys these rifles like filling up your gas tank. I sold a great rifle to be able to buy this one. And McWhorter knows this....they have worked with me on price and payment, when my cash flow was strapped, to get a smokeless muzz in time for the season.
I wanted to let anyone considering this rifle to know that not only will they be getting as nice a rifle as you'll see, that will shoot bug holes, but you'll also be connected to some fine people who go above and beyond to make u happy.
Last comment....they include load dev and at least 1 box of hand loads with each rifle. I know many guys prefer to do this themselves but not everyone. I've seen this service priced with other builders for as much as $1200.....IMO you'd have to be filthy rich and a poor steward of your $$, or just downright ignorant to pay $1200 for this.
Someone should scoop up this practically new laser.....If u want a different look on the stock, send it back to McWhorter and they'll paint it any flavor u like for $175, and they have some of the coolest looks out there.

I also have this rifle sickness :) I buy them and never use them. What a great caliber. They make deadly accurate rifles. I have one in a 6br repeater hunting rifle with a March 10x60 scope. What few times I shot it, it will shoot bug holes with the ammo that they develped for it