• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED McWhorter Custom .257 Weatherby

mackgee

Anyone interested in a McWhorter Custom Remington 700 in .257 Weatherby Magnum with Muzzlebrake, McMillan stock, Timney Trigger, spiral fluted bolt, all stainless, with maybe 80-90 rounds down the barrel? I can email or text more pics....looking for $3200 shipped.

Mac

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 6
Re: McWhorter Custom .257 Weatherby pics added

I also have the load McWhorter loaded up for it using the 110 grain accubond.

Mac

Another bump, let's do $3k shipped!! That will include about 90 pieces of brass, dies, and a handful of both 110 grain Accubonds and 100 grain Barnes Tipped TSX bullets.

Mac

What's it weigh?

Is the muzzle-brake removable for hunting? If so, do you have a thread-protector to fit?

It weighs 7.4 pounds on my bathroom scale (not sure how truly accurate that is, but I know it's within an ounce or so) and yes the brake is removable, however I never got the thread protector with the gun. Thanks for the interest!

Mac

How old is this rifle? (Specs are quite different than their current production.)

How accurate is it? With what load?

(Yes, I'm drooling!)

Built in 2008, it shoots 110 grain Accubonds WELL within their 1/2 MOA guarantee with this load that they developed:

45E5DBF5-6BB4-4618-80A6-8FECDB685EA6-5003-000004B6374BC360_zps3f01bede.jpg

She is a sweet rifle, just not large enough bore wise for what I need. If it wouldn't be for that or if I only hunted mulies, whitetails, and Antelope, I would keep it.

I have about 90 pieces of brass, of which 60 or so are unfired, the others are once fired. I also have RCBS FL dies, some 110 grain accubonds, and some 100 grain Barnes Tipped TSX bullets for it. This all is included with the gun...

Mac

I've got the larger bores covered: 7 MM Rem, .300 Weatherby, .338/.378 Weatherby & .375 H&H. I have been thinking hard about a rifle that will really reach out & touch something without leaving a 6" hole. My dilemma is justification since I already have a .25-06 that does 85% of what the .257 Weatherby rifle will do. Still, I love FAST cartridges

Have you tried factory Weatherby ammunition to see how it would shoot? If so, what were the results?

No sir, I have not tried any of the Weatherby ammo with it. At one point I was considering trying Nosler custom ammo for it, as I generally have good luck with Nosler custom ammo, but I just never ordered the ammo for it.

Mac

Recent Posts