Mcrees Precision G7 magazine issue...

Gunner1

I just received my Mcrees Precision G7 chassis for my Remington 700 5R in .300 Win Mag. Let me start off by saying that it's really well made and I like it so far. As for my question: I'm using a Magpul Pmag for the magazine. When I tried the magazine in the chassis before installing it fit and locked up tight. After installing the action however, the magazine no longer locks in place. Looking in the receiver it appears that the lips of the magazine are hitting the bottom of the action. The action screws are torqued to the required 65 inch pounds. What's the best way to proceed? Should I shave down the feed lips on the magazine?

i would use bead heads or washers or even a couple short pieces of wire to lift the action and see if the mags will work and then bed the action on top of the spacers. the 65 inch pounds bends your receiver to the stock. i have the R7LT-G5 + and it needed to be bedded. if you go this way be sure your barrel is centered in the channel.

I certainly don't think I should have to bed my barreled action to a $600 chassis...

I wound up taking a file and removing a good amount from both feed lips. It works fine now, but I returned the unopened one. I don't think I should have to "make" a magazine work. Guess I'll bite the bullet and order a steel mag or two...

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts