Tikka T3 Magazine Feeding Issue - Magazine Sags

Can you tell us what you were dealing with and what fixed the problem? Someone may have the same issue sometime.

Can you tell us what you were dealing with and what fixed the problem? Someone may have the same issue sometime.

Sure. I bought a second hand/used Tikka T3. When I went out to fire it, the rifle would fire fine; but, rounds would not feed. The magazine would sag at the rear. If I would place my non-firing hand on the magazine and hold upward pressure, it would feed. I tried three different magazines and it happened with all. I assumed it was a plastic magazine problem. Then I decided to try all of the magazines in another rifle. They worked fine. The problem was therefore the rifle. I took it and another Tikka T3 and disassembled them side by side which allowed me to determine the problem. I will attach a picture of the trigger group so you can see what I am talking about. In the from of the trigger group/mechanism there is a metal flange/piece that attached via the allen head screw which anchors the trigger mechanism. This piece of metal acts like a tension spring on the back of the magazine. When I received my rifle, that piece was 90 degrees to the side when it needs to protrude into the mag well. Please note in the picture below, you are getting a profile of the piece. It is the piece that is extending right and up from the allen head screw on the far right of the entire unit. Ignore the circled "1" in the picture as that is the trigger adjustment screw and not what I am discussing. It is the piece attached to the allen screw above and to the right of that. Lesson learned.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts