McMillan stock

Depending on what model of stock you ordered from McMillan, it can be a long wait. I have waited up to 8 months before for some A-5 tactical stocks. IF McMillan gets a government contract all private orders will pretty much be shelved until they fill the military contract which I do not think any of us would be against. Those boys need their rifles much more then we do!!!

It can be a long wait so just be patient. I have never had one go longer then 8 months so if it gets past that I would start to do some digging.

Thats makes me feel alot better and i would gladdly wait as long as it takes if they decide our troops need a few more rifles. Thanks

Oh this is what the whole rifle will look like just so yall can see why im getting antsy

Attachments

• Mikes gun.jpg
    Mikes gun.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 13
Thats makes me feel alot better and i would gladdly wait as long as it takes if they decide our troops need a few more rifles. Thanks

Oh this is what the whole rifle will look like just so yall can see why im getting antsy
I can see why you are excited and the anticipation is killing you.

I happened to talk to Stocky's the other day and through them they said right now it's about a 4 month wait on a McMillan.

That means if things go well for me over the next few weeks I'll probably have at least one new McMillan by Christmas! gun)

Just talked the the gun smith and he sas the stock is in and I should have it in a few weeks. Can't wait!

Wildrose sounds like a great Xmas present to yourself

I just ordered one direct from McMillan last week...I was told 4 months.

Stock specs...

Custom drop in
Winchester Supergrade model
Machined in aluminum pillars
Marbled in olive, black, and tan (33%, 33%,33%...I call it "ghillie suit")
Limbsaver pad

Well I just got the phone call I'll be picking up my new rifle on Friday. All I can say is it's going to be a long week

McMillan's are expensive and it sometimes takes a while to get them. I have an A3 on a 260 that I had to wait and wait for. To me they are worth the wait. In my opinion it is the Cadillac of stocks, by far the best available. I have a number of others but the McMillan is my favorite. They do cost more though and you have to consider that.

Kirby Allen did a superb job building the rifle. We selected excellent components and the workmanship was outstanding. Results is a rifle that I am very proud of and love to shoot.

Well it took me longer to get to my range than I expected even though it is practically in my back yard. I did finally shoot yesterday to break in the barrel and so far it's looking good. Im pretty sure I already know what load the rifle will like but I made up a few extras just to make sure. I'll be posting pics of the new rifle as well as how she shoots when I get back.

Well I have found the load for my rifle and gotta say couldnt be happier with it. Completely worth the wait. I attached some pics of the rifle and how it shoots. The target group is including the fouler round wich is the top left hole touching the group. Amazingly, including the fouler round the group is .670. If i subtract the .338 caliber to go center to center thats a .332 group. I think Ill take that. Ha. Lastly, I am determined to put a nightforce on it but the burris XTR was a free x-mas gift and I figured it can hold me over while I put some money away, but it seems to be doing pretty good. We will see. gun)

Attachments

• norman.JPG
    norman.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 12
  • the shot.JPG
    the shot.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 14
Looks like it's coming along and will be a performer!
I talked with my gunsmith last night about a new rifle and he sugested we build a 338 Norma. (By we I mean that he would build it and I would pay). I too would use the McMillan A-5 for a stock. I have a couple H-S and really like them, but hear the McMillan is the way to go. I will also will have a long wait. 1 year, roughly. But the wait always seams to be worth it as i imagine yours was.
Nice rifle and happy shooting!

I just received my HS Precission Stock & yes it also took 6 months to get. I am told all the people in the gun business are going full out. My rifle is now off getting Cerakoate on the metal. I can't wait to get together.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.