Mcmillan has dropped Savage

Shane Lindsey

Have a Savage I was looking into having McMillan inlet a stock for me. Two years ago I sent them a Savage barreled action and they inlet a Game Waarden for me.

Sent them a note and I received a voicemail that told me they were no longer going to inlet for Savage anymore. Told me to hold onto the one I have as it will be worth something later.

So....McMillan and Manners no joy. 🤬

C'mon Mesa Precision....

so my 2 A-5s, game warden and Manners T4A are now considered collector's items. mine are all long actions which were even harder to get.

not many options for the savage guys anymore not even in the chassis market.

They still listed the A3 on their site for the short actions. That is why I asked.

Helped a buddy bed his 338 into a Manners back in 2013. So I thought I was good.

Not so much.

Good old Stocky's to the rescue...

Other than being kind of funky looking they seem to be a decent bit of kit. I've bedded 2x for buddies this last winter and they seem to be alright, especially considering the price. Only gripe is the bare carbon was slicker than a herring it was as well put together as any of the modern carbon stocks. 3 trims, sorts an a 3 sorta an m40 and sorta a sporter.... but they feel alright.

1685040447743.png

That's the short LA. I need the 5.3". The others list bottom bolt release.

Ah bummer wasn't aware that long actions now have different spacing as well. Know the shorts have different spacing had always though the long actions were constant... bummer. Reason # whatever that the 700 platform won...

If you were really set on a Mcmillan you could order a flat top and have LRI inlet it. I believe manners offers flat top as well

I was going to say the same thing. LRI actually prefers a flat top anyway. Not to mention you'll end up with the best inletting & bedding in the industry so..... Yeah, you're going to pay. Ask me how I know lol

t