So who has a Savage 110?

I've got a model 10t well my wifey got it for me for Christmas a few years ago. They were only sold @ cabelas & basspro. It's a 6.5 creed with 5r rifling. I've yet to find something it won't shoot. I've mainly only tried the Hornady ammo in it from 120 match to the 143 eld-x with the exception of browning ammo & I think it's a 127 gr.

I'm considering a Savage 110t-sr in 300 Win Mag anyone here have one? I'm curious to hear about anyone here having a Savage. It doesn't have to be that particular model. TIA.
I have had a savage 110 FCP in 338 Lapua for many years it was my first long range rifle and got me started of course the barrel has been changed out to a Bartlein after a while but shot pretty well at first I have no complaints whatsoever they are a great gun if you were looking at resale value down the road maybe want to look at something more along the lines of a Tika or Sako

I like these savage threads. Savages don't get the love they deserve. I have owned several, my son is left handed, so savage got the nod for both of his rifles. He has a model 11 6.5 creedmoor with a Boyds at one stock and the new Savage 110 storm in 223. Both guns drive tacks. I love the new accufit accustocks. Its nice to buy a rifle where you don't have to immediately change out the stock or the trigger.

I have my eye on a 110 tactical in 308 win. Should be a fun range gun!

I'm considering a Savage 110t-sr in 300 Win Mag anyone here have one? I'm curious to hear about anyone here having a Savage. It doesn't have to be that particular model. TIA.
I've got an old savage 110 that I rebarrrled with a smokeless muzzleloader barrel from Cecil at Precision Rifle. I'm not a fan of Savage after dealing with their customer service on their version of a smokeless muzzleloader. I'll never buy another savage but they do shoot well.

I have a savage 16 stainless chambered in 308 that I bought new and put a hogue stock on it that really improved the groups its shoots (sub .5 Moa). I also bought a used (barely used) savage 111 (blued) chambered in 270 win for like $250! (prior owner hated the recoil). I really bought it to bribe my son into get his hunting license (which he did!!!). Those savages can really shoot and you have to love the switch barrel aspect for DIY guys. I do hate how the savages had so many different models / spec changes over the years-- you have to be careful that you can get those after market parts to function easily with the particular model, and there are less aftermarket choices on stocks and triggers compared to Remington/rem clone actions. But they are a great platform and an inexpensive way to build an accurate rifle. And lots of knowledgable people willing share info on building rifles with savage actions.

How about a 110C I purchased in 1968 .270, finally rebarreled it in 2018. Still shooting extremely well. Took it out for old time sake this past fall and killed doe at 220 yards, pop shot for most folks but still nicely done by a 51 year old platform. Stock and trigger still factory. I have posted up the background story of it in another thread so not gonna be old and repeat it:eek:.

IMG_1705.JPG

I've got a model 10t well my wifey got it for me for Christmas a few years ago. They were only sold @ cabelas & basspro. It's a 6.5 creed with 5r rifling. I've yet to find something it won't shoot. I've mainly only tried the Hornady ammo in it from 120 match to the 143 eld-x with the exception of browning ammo & I think it's a 127 gr.
I have that same gun. It is the most repeatable rifle I own. My confidence goes up when im packing that in. My brother killed an elk @515 with it in 17. Last year i made a first round hit on 1400 yard plate with it 2.5 second time of flight.

It inspired me buy the 6.5prc tactical
20200321_213701.jpg

I have that same gun. It is the most repeatable rifle I own. My confidence goes up when im packing that in. My brother killed an elk @515 with it in 17. Last year i made a first round hit on 1400 yard plate with it 2.5 second time of flight.

It inspired me buy the 6.5prc tacticalView attachment 183102
Is that a Riton scope? If so, how do you like it? I was looking at their 3-24x50 X7 or something a couple days ago.

It inspired me buy the 6.5prc tacticalView attachment 183102
3 shots @ 300 yards with factory 143 eld-x

Attachments

• 7632A3AE-1B7A-4BB6-91E3-BC6546D6264D.jpeg
    7632A3AE-1B7A-4BB6-91E3-BC6546D6264D.jpeg
    614.2 KB · Views: 155
Is that a Riton scope? If so, how do you like it? I was looking at their 3-24x50 X7 or something a couple days ago.
Sitron SIH tac 3-9.....its a temporary scope to start load testing i pulled fro a .22....well....unless the corona kills my concrete season. If not ill have to hope the chinese guy did a good job on it...

The first savage I bought was a 300wm 110 ba/le 26" 1/10 twist. I love guns and have been shooting since about 4 years old. This was my first ever ba rifle and it has been nothing but excellent! I've only shot rifles my dad had purchased (a few rems and 1 mod70 '61 264wm). I stayed with the wm case line. I have since then bought another 300wm (110 stealth 24" 9.3 twist) and 338lm (24" 9 twist) All are accurate and soft recoiling. I've bought 2 110 mla receivers for a 264wm (32" 7.5 twist McGowen) and 300wm (30" 9 twist C6 carbon fiber) builds for some high speed fun! Projected velocities for the 264wm 144-155gr is 3,350- 3,500 and 300wm with 215-240gr 2,950-3,200.