McGowen Tikka Prefit

dirtytough

Has anyone used one? I want to say the face of a Tikka action is about 1.125" if you don't have it faced. Most of the contours on the McGowen site show a 1.20" shank.

Curious if you have used a McGowen Tikka prefit how it looked on the action? Was it a 1.20" shank or did it match up to the smaller face?

I recently got a McGowen prefit for my Tikka, not sure about all the numbers you rattled off but it fits perfectly and shoots amazing

The face of a Tikka action is beveled. It is smaller at the bevel than most actions. Some smiths will recontour the shank of the barrel or reface the action to get the action face big enough to fit properly. (it's cosmetic).

The contours on McGowens sight show that the shank is bigger OD than the action face unless the bevel on the action gets machined off.

I recently got a McGowen prefit for my Tikka, not sure about all the numbers you rattled off but it fits perfectly and shoots amazing
I'm assuming by "it fits perfectly" the shank must be smaller than what they are listing on their contour page. Or I'm just ocd about it and you don't care if there are slight edges between the barrel and action face.

Yeah it definitely doesn't protrude past the beveled action face
20220205_125706.jpg