Mcgowen 6mm Ackley

mtwood24

Just ordered my barrel today, they said it would be 12 weeks till ready to ship. I got the savage varmint contour, bead blasted stainless steel, 29 inch barrel with 1-8 twist and recessed target crown. plan on using it for long range/coyotes/deer. should I make any changes before it is too late? It's going on a savage model 110 action.

Trickymissfit

Just ordered my barrel today, they said it would be 12 weeks till ready to ship. I got the savage varmint contour, bead blasted stainless steel, 29 inch barrel with 1-8 twist and recessed target crown. plan on using it for long range/coyotes/deer. should I make any changes before it is too late? It's going on a savage model 110 action.

a 6mmAI really dosn't need anything longer than 26", and the longer barrel length will contribute to harmonics. I shot one for several seasons with a 24" heavy barrel, and saw little velocity drop. I'd have it throated for something like the 105 grain AMAX bullet.
gary

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.