MBM Beast 2

sveltri

I have a pretty lightweight 6.5 PRC that I am working on getting dialed in and ready to hunt. The recoil is not a problem for me, but I cannot stay on target. I typically hunt alone so spotting shots is important. I've read and watched everything I can find online, but most info just discusses felt recoil reduction anyone have insight on how these brakes work for reducing muzzle rise? I am most interested in the 2 pc brake. For reference the gun is a Savage 110 Ultralight. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I use his brakes on all my builds. I can keep everything in the scope. Even some bigger 30"s I have built. Email Nathan and he will get back to you. He is a straight up guy. I have never used his two piece brakes but I cannot imagine them being any different than the one I time and thread.

Thanks guys I appreciate the info. With these brakes are you guys feeling concussion from the muzzle blast? If so, how bad? I haven't actually shot much in the past and if I did shoot a brake it was usually a radial. I'm pretty green and apologize if my questions are are petty. I have certainly been known to go way into the weeds and overthink things that don't need overthinking. I did reach out to Nathan and he did recommend a brake, just looking for a little more info.

The shooter will not notice any concussion from a MBM brake. Just put it on and go shoot. If you get a self timing brake it is not permanent and not that expensive and if you don't like it it will be easy to sell.

The guys sitting next to you at the range won't like you. But hey not all of us want to drop 500 - 800 on a suppressor. I always warm the guys next to me. Ha. They still hate it.

The guys sitting next to you at the range won't like you. But hey not all of us want to drop 500 - 800 on a suppressor. I always warm the guys next to me. Ha. They still hate it.
Another vote for the MBM. I don't normally worry about them; I have the range to myself most of the time. And if I have company, it is their responsibility to protect themselves (range rules) from noise when the range is hot. I do, however, ask if everyone is ready if I am the one making the range hot.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.