maximun range if the 22-250

I don't know about max range, but my Remington 22-250 will put 5 rounds in about 4 inches at 500 m with plinker loads. Hope this helps.

very open ended question.

At one time I owned a22-250 with a 30" barrel and a fast twist that I took several PD's past 1000 yards with shooting the 69 gr SMK... I am sure you could achive a better perfomance with the 75 gr and 80 gr bullets...

I would say about 600-700 yds if it has a 1/12 twist or slower. That is where Lerch really started to loose consistancy w/his and why he now owns a 25-06 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

The Savage factory 22-250 slow twist I had would shoot the 55gr ballistic tip in under 2" groups at 500yds regularly. I had pdog kills with it out to about 710yds. I never could get it to do anything past 1k and that is why I got rid of it. If the gun would have shot a better bullet I know I could have pushed it farther.

It is a **** fun caliber to shoot.

Take it easy
Steve

My Rem 40X (22-250) would regularely put the lights out on fat wood chucks @ 400yds to 500yds. Beyond that is really pushing it with the standard 50-55gr bullets in a factory twist rifle.

That's why I built a 6mmAI. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

VH

My longest shot to date with a 22-250 happened last weekend. It's a stock 1-12 twist CZ 550 heavy laminate that I'm shooting plain Jane 50gr Sierra Spitzers out of. Popped a groundhog at 586 yds with it. With this bullet, I would guess I could reach a little farther, say to 700, but not much more than that. I've ranged a particular groundhog at just under 750, but haven't taken a shot at him yet. Hopefully, this weekend he'll give me an opportunity and I'll have some good news for you.

A factory 22-250 max range would be around 700 yards. If you put a fast twist in it you can shoot past a 1000 yards. With wildcats bullets making 100 and 107 grain .224 bullets, you should be able to shoot them in a 22-250 with a 6.5 twist or so out to 1300 yards or so.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.