22-250 and 25-06 range day .

ol mike

Sorry no pictures guys.

I got to the range around 9:00 am and it was dead calm.
Shot my 22-250 [calling gun] -it has a douglas premium #4 26" barrel -hs precision stock etc.I did the trigger adjustment and bedded it.I had alot of trouble w/it initially- crooked barrel ,horrible trigger and safety.
Anyway i shot next to a couple of pretty experienced shooters one w/a custom 308,hs stock,kreiger barrel etc..
The other w/an all black 260 rem heavy gun and a 222 heavy barreled rifle.You don't see guns like that very often in the southeast.
My first group from a cold clean barrel looked pretty good ,second group put a smile on my face enough to look over at the other targets ,third group was hard for me to believe.Was shooting 55gr sierra blitzkings.
They later measured -.556 ,second -.337 ,and third .132 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif.
I walked down to take a closer look as did the guy w/the 308.He had some tight groups and commented on mine- -wow a sporter barrel 22-250.

We got back to the line and i shot the 25-06 and w/the thumbhole stock [hs] it didn't sit on the bag right.I was fiddling around trying to get it settled in the bags and was going to try a group.Well the ear of the bag was touching the trigger when i pushed the safety off it fired putting a round 2" high and right of the center target.I called that one a sighter and shot a group -.714 ,second -.294 ,third group.472 from a 25-06 w/the factory barrel-, i've had since 1980.Bullet was 100gr nos bt.
Have to say this was my best day yet just wish i could do it more often.

Lost my elevation scope cap and called the range "we got it" put another smile on my face !
Well thanks for reading- Mike

Three shot groups at 25yds!!
Someday i'll try the 50yd stuff.

On a serious note i talked to the range owner and he said people complain about the range being 100yds instead of 50yds.
Oh well i'm packing out of here in april and can't wait.-Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.