Max. range for .243 Win. for whitetails and pronghorn?

Re: The Hornady \"Custom\" 100g BTSP factory loads ...

[ QUOTE ]
My answer is how far are you going to practice?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have access to a private range here in eastern N.C. that goes out to 1,000 yards...with concrete benches out to 500 - I love that place!

The reason I asked about the .243, was that I've been thinking about getting one to better enjoy shooting vs. my .270. From what y'all are saying, I should be good-to-go on deer and antelope for any range I'll be interested in shooting.

Thanks for the info. and suggestions, gentlemen.

[ QUOTE ]
You know what I LOVE about this site; NOT ONE PERSON EVEN QUESTIONED THE USE OF A 6mm/243 FOR DEER/ANTELOPE!!! No one baggs on what others are doing!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%, Colby. It's a good forum - I hope it stays that way. So many turn "rude" after a certain number of egos get involved in the fray.

[ QUOTE ]
You know what I LOVE about this site; NOT ONE PERSON EVEN QUESTIONED THE USE OF A 6mm/243 FOR DEER/ANTELOPE!!! No one baggs on what others are doing!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

weird aint it? its almost like.... being amoung friends??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif this is THE ONLY forum i know of where you can say or ask something and not one person talks down to you.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts