Mauser Actions with Lug Abutment Setback

Makes zero sense to lap with any bolt other than the one actually to be used.
Consider this-
Your "sacrificial" bolt has full contact on the top abutment, and very little on the bottom.
Your "real" bolt has the opposite.

You'd end up lapping the bejeezus out of the top lug abutment- only to need to do the opposite when you stick the real bolt in.
Don't do it.
Mauser bolts aren't that far off, unless it's a "chiang kai-shek". I've been barreling Mauser '98s since I was in gunsmith school. 1st barrels fit in Jan of '92. I know 'um inside out. If you use the bolt to lap the set-back out with, you'd better get it re-carburized too. Carburizing requires a quench into air temp water. Count on deflection of the part(s) being treated. If you make eveything 'square and true' before re-carburizing, don't count on it staying that way after it has been re-treated. Seems to me, a year ago Blanchards was charging $125 to do 1 receiver and $75 to do 1 bolt. They have "batch" pricing for more than 1. Bolts and receiver require different temps before quench. So......

Why? They make beautiful classic style hunting rifles. They do have their limits, so use common sense (which isn't so 'common' anymore).
I just choose the Mauser actions which are heat treated well already. Each part of it is heat treated differently. VZ24's, the pre-war & early 2nd war Germans are fine. Stay away from WW1 era. Commercial actions by Sears etc. are nice, they don't have the thumb cut out, already have turned down bolts and drilled for scopes. I used Lothar Walther barrels which are turned, taper finished and sporter crowned. A custom barrels are available also. The bore & chamber are polished. The chambers are cut long and to headspace, the barrel is set back. If you touch the chamber with a reamer it voids the warranty. They did warranty their barrels for 1/2" at 100. I have been well pleased with the ones I have purchased.