Marmot hunting in the high Rockies

Many friends said that I should write a book on hunting stories and my travels thought the years. I was keeping a log when mountain climbing and never finished.
I have some really good stories on Wood Chuck Hunting with my good friend and considered second father. He did keep a log book on all the farms and fields he hunted in NE PA. He had over 4K Chucks with several of his Remington XBR 22-250s. I was lucky to hunt with him and have access to hundreds of fields. He knew all the Dairy Farmers by name and locations. Thought the 25 years I hunted with him also had good relationships with many farmers and most have unfortunately passe away. My friend knew where all the fields were in his mind and note book. He logged all Chucks taken at each location.
In the recent years i could not remember all the fields and farmers names. Since living in GA and traveling to PA several times a year to hunt. However I did us technology and had a GPS to mark all out locations. A lot of farms and hay fields were bought out by the Natural Gas Companies and there were a lot of Wells drilled. Too bad Brandon shut a lot of those Fields. When the original estimates were made and then drilled - there was 10 times the Natural Gass and under that field there is OIL. More OIL that any other place in the WORLD. Ohio, PA and NY has over 300 years of NG and OIL.
Wow how did Chuck Hunting get into our land having more NG & OIL which can supply our Energy Independence and also sell to our Allies.
I guess that hunting Chucks is good for the environment and the solution our energy problems.

Wow how did Chuck Hunting get into our land having more NG & OIL which can supply our Energy Independence and also sell to our Allies.
I guess that hunting Chucks is good for the environment and the solution our energy problems.
We need cheap fuel to heat our home during winter reloading. And cheap fuel to drive to our chuck hunting spots in the spring/ early summer ;)

8BA28D1C-A819-410F-A4B5-63ED8054CCD6.jpeg

Oh I love hunting marmots above timberline here in CO. If I had to choose my favorite hunt it would be between elk and whistle pigs. I've spent far more $ on custom varmint rifles than any other including this 7 mag with a pig at 1402 yards. Having a 300 Norma Improved built and plan to shoot a marmot atq a mile with it.