Mark V Accumark vs Sendaro

Takem406

I ended up with a nice No 1 last month for a great deal. But I'm toying with selling it for a long range bolt rifle. It's in 7 Rem Mag and I already have dies, test loads and everything for 7 mag.

I know the Sendaro is almost legendary and my friends shoot them. I own a VSSF my self and it's a one holer.

However after shooting grandpa's old Weatherby last weekend, I'm thinking of going to the dark side. Blasphemy I know, but that action seems bomb proof, the trigger is perfect and they seem to have a better fit and finish than a 700. Plus I'd like a brake and they come factory with one.

Just want something to shoot tight groups for 1k shooting and western hunting.

Thanks boys!

i have several senderos. i would love to try an accumark out. let us know how it does.

The only thing I've read so far on the negatives of a Sendaro is the weight. But it's like dating a curvy lady and saying she's fat... The Accumark is a half pound lighter, not that it's much different.

I ended up with a nice No 1 last month for a great deal. But I'm toying with selling it for a long range bolt rifle. It's in 7 Rem Mag and I already have dies, test loads and everything for 7 mag.

I know the Sendaro is almost legendary and my friends shoot them. I own a VSSF my self and it's a one holer.

However after shooting grandpa's old Weatherby last weekend, I'm thinking of going to the dark side. Blasphemy I know, but that action seems bomb proof, the trigger is perfect and they seem to have a better fit and finish than a 700. Plus I'd like a brake and they come factory with one.

Just want something to shoot tight groups for 1k shooting and western hunting.

Thanks boys!

The new Accumarks are nowhere near the quality of your Grandpa's old Weatherby. Trust me, I owned an Accumark for 6 years and was unhappy for the last 4 of those 6...When the grouping started going to hell, with less than 75 rounds of factory ammo down the bore.

Spend 1/2 the money, and get the Sendero, hands-down. Atleast with the R700 Sendero, you can buy an infinite amount of easily attainable aftermarket parts.

Copy that. Also found a Model 70 with a 26" Douglas for about a grand. That's probably even a better rifle?

I don't care for modern Winchester firearms, nothing to do with anything other than personal preference, but with that said, I'd imagine any rifle with a quality aftermarket barrel, that was installed by a competent smith, would be a better investment than a completely factory rig.

for that kind of money, you can buy a new Savage LRPV. That Winchester won't begin to shoot with it.
gary

Have you shot that particular Winchester rifle? Do you really think the chances of every factory-barreled Savage LRPV rifle is better than a rifle that is most-likely blueprinted with a zero'd headspace, carefully cut chamber, and an aftermarket barrel that has been air-gauged and hand-lapped?

I'll bet on a lot of things, but putting money on that Savage when comparing those 2 particular rifles, would only be a sucker's bet, IMO...

And this is coming from a guy who doesn't care for either of those brands of rifles... :cool:

Checked the serial number, it's built off a pre64 action made in '42... Yeah Savages can shoot!

Not a Win 70 guru, but I DO know that the Pre-64's are the ones you definitely want. So that might be something else to mark as a positive about the Win70 rifle.

Have you shot that particular Winchester rifle? Do you really think the chances of every factory-barreled Savage LRPV rifle is better than a rifle that is most-likely blueprinted with a zero'd headspace, carefully cut chamber, and an aftermarket barrel that has been air-gauged and hand-lapped?

I'll bet on a lot of things, but putting money on that Savage when comparing those 2 particular rifles, would only be a sucker's bet, IMO...

And this is coming from a guy who doesn't care for either of those brands of rifles... :cool:
I would lay 10 Savage rifles out and I would bet 9 out of 10 of them will shoot under a inch. With the other one at a inch. You can't seem to wrap your head around that a Savage of any model, Is one of the most accurate factory rifles out there. No smith, no new barrel, no blueprinting, nothing but a off the assembly line Savage. I'm sorry you can't deal with that but that's the way it is .....

Excuse me? Not sure there is a need for rudeness. I have always considered Savages to be an excellent rifle, especially in their target rigs! Actually am considering buying one in 260 for a different right. Not sure why your taking me for a Savage hater when ya don't even know me and I've never said anything negative about Savage... Wow... You need a hug bro?
Now that we got that stupidity dealt with...

Yeah, the pre64 action seems pretty legendary. My buddies dad collects them. Another friend has one in 270 and it's his go to rifle. My grandpa had a couple 270's, might end up with one.

But really though... LOL

Excuse me? Not sure there is a need for rudeness. I have always considered Savages to be an excellent rifle, especially in their target rigs! Actually am considering buying one in 260 for a different right. Not sure why your taking me for a Savage hater when ya don't even know me and I've never said anything negative about Savage... Wow... You need a hug bro?
Now that we got that stupidity dealt with...

Yeah, the pre64 action seems pretty legendary. My buddies dad collects them. Another friend has one in 270 and it's his go to rifle. My grandpa had a couple 270's, might end up with one.

But really though... LOL

If you can see I directed that towards muddrunner. No disrespect to you just calling out a Savage hater. With all due respect why would you think I'm stupid and you dealt with me? When you obviously thought I directed that post towards you when I clearly used the quote option on mudds post....

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.