Mark 4 Internal MOA

Uncle Z

Finally got my new Mark 4 out today to sight it in. Great scope btw.
Is it common for a scope to have more internal moa adj. than advertised? My Mark 4 claims to have 70 moa on the specs but when I tested it after sighting in, I had 64 up from a 100yd zero and 16 down from zero.

Last edited:
I wouldn't necesarily say it's common, but a number of folks on this forum have mentioned that there scopes have more moa than advertised. I guess they figure it's better to advertise low and come out higher than vice versa.

A 6.5x20x50 I have has 76 MOA worth of knob travel.

Although I've verified the drops with the rifle it's on out to 1000 yds, I haven't verified it's actually has that full adjustment at the range.

If I was planning on ranges that needed the last 5 MOA of the scopes adjustment, the paranoid one in me would want to make sure when the knob is moving, the elevation is changing as well....at least for the last few MOA/clicks.

Just cranked a 25x Mk4 72moa(rated) + 1moa under knob zero.
It must be a tolerance for knob machining/setting.

Like Auto said, the turret might turn without the reticle moving at the end of it's revolution. Check to make sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.