March Scopes

gyesko

Need some opinions on high powered scope optics..I have a 6-22 nightforce which I love but need more optic power to shoot further. Thinking like 45-60 power. Saw some March scopes at a shoot yesterday and had my currisotiy up on them. How do they compare to a nightforce target scope???
Long range varmits is my goal here.

How many hundreds of miles are you gonna shoot that your NF @ 22X isn't gonna hack it?

Beyond so far a forward spotter becomes necessary, I would think.

I have the same scope and hope to reach to at least 3k yds with the rig.

There will be a point where the trade off will be mirage. The higher the power the more the varmints will dance.

See mirage is not a 'bad' thing but there is a point where the enjoyment exits the varmint shooting session.

I'd say that your situation calls for the very best of optics and the best of reticle size.

March scopes compare very well to the Nightforce, but you would expect that at 2x the price. I would not get a fixed power though, get a variable for varmints.You would not be disappointed in the March.

Hi

March scopes are making in roads down under here in Australia. I have one on my wish list for a 7mm Dakota ABS barrel light weight build. . The new 3 to 24 42 FFP hunting is awesome as one of my buddies (Ridge Rider) has just taken delivery. He will be selling his 3 N/F scopes an replacing them with March optics.

Several top class F class open shooters are making the switch as well. The scopes are really bright and the new ED class is another notch above N/F IMO.. Aussie F open champ uses a March( he is a friend of mine and he swears by them). They are reportedly really bright and he has to use the supplied reducer ! Fancy a scope being to bright!

Ridge Rider has also taken delivery of a new 3 to 24 FFP March and just loves it!

Customer service is terrific .. Nothing is perfect and a reported issue was rectified in weeks not months . Yep they want your business....

They only cost several hundred more here than a n/ f but the illumination adds a few dollars.. I havent used the illumination on my N/F's so I dont think I will be ordering a March with it..

They are the new kid on the block so to speak..but I think they are here to stay. No wonder N/F are scambling to get a new model out..Oh yeah ...miles lighter and the new FFP hunting version makes a wicked Light weight LR out fit even better!

The hunting ones dont sufer from critical eye relief , early target version is eye releif critical(small window)

Yep I'll be buying one after these reports.. N/F may have some catching up to do!

Last edited:
About 2 years ago I shot the 1K BR Nationals with Ian. We happeend to have the same relay and I ended up with the chance to have many conversations with him in the pits when we weren't shooting. I ended up leaning much about optics that weekend. I also had the opportunity to compare many of the March scopes against all the other manufacturers that weekend.

I was shooting a NF BR model.

I can tell you this the high power March scopes have not cut any corners on the glass or the coatings.

They look a lot like a NF for many reasons... ;-) The men who are designing and assembling them have had their hands in the NF realm as well.

There are no corners cut in any of the internals period. Ian was adamant about putting out the best optics and components possible into a scope that will in the end be built and assembled never to fail. The price obviously reflects that.

While I would be hesitant to plop down the coin for one of their tactical scopes given the amount of abuse my Tacticals have taken over the years.

I will say this. The resolution and clarity of their BR models is amazing. In the morning hours before mirage was up. Many of us could make out 30 cal. bullet holes in the white backing of the 1K targets at 1000 yards.

Personally, if had the disposable cash to spend on a March BR optic and was shooting 600 yard BR or 1K BR.. it would be the scope I would purchase.

I am very pleased with the NF BR models I have used but in my eyes nothing can compare to the glass in the March.

Last edited:
What NF were you using, I could see clustered shots threw my friends NF bench model 40x @ 1000 6mm,holes, He had a S&B and sent it back because he could not see detail as well with it.

I was using the 12X42.

You must have had good conditions with no mirage. I can't recall being able to pick up too many .30 cal holes with my NF.

Now if there was a cluster you could.

The March was the 10X60

We are talking about a hole different relm of optics, 10 or 12 versas 40 x 56

Last edited:
yes, I was surprised to here that from my friend. He is into bench, his eyes are 10+ younger than mine. I was spotting and said I could see a group, this was threw a 60x80 type Ziess, he said ya, I see them. I could just make out cluster in his NF @ 42. Drove down and he had a 1 3/4 by 2 3/4 wide, 5 shots@1003.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.