Manners stock lead times?

snox801

So if my memory serves me well I ordered a manners stock in late November could be earlier but don't have exact dates. Was told it would be 4-6 weeks On 1/8 I emailed to check progress as pierce had the rest on my build done and waiting. I received an email back saying it was being inletted and would be 4-6 weeks so doubles the time originally told. Well that 6 weeks has come and gone. Is this normal? I have no problem waiting for a product that is behind because of the current boom but I appreciate an honest answer more. I have a .375 Am being done that Kirby said two years on it's now been three years but he has been in contact and been very forth coming. Feels like I always end up with some weird deal like this. I don't want to call and bug them because I always would rather have what I want someone right no matter the wait. I'm just wondering if I should email if this isn't normal and maybe something got miss placed. Thanks

I placed an order with Manners on Dec 15th and they told me it would be 6 months.

Good luck to both of you. I have ordered 3 at the same time from them, (probably 2 years ago) and was told 10-12 weeks. Two came in about 6 months and the 3rd was 9 months after many calls bugging them.

My personal opinion, there are as good or better stocks out there that are readily available.

Brian

This is the second one I've ordered. The first one came in the time frame they told me. The issue I've had was the details when placing the order. Some of the people that answer the phones and take the orders don't know enough about the product they sell. I was fortunate to get to talk to Tom Manners the last time.

I personally talked to Tom at least 3 times and didn't seem to make a difference.

I got my stocks and they are great stocks but I can't say they are that much better than some others we've used recently.

If you are stuck on Manners, find one readily available and you are good to go.

Brian

Ok thanks guys. Ya I have one picked out for the build that is light weight and fits my needs. I don't need it till next fall so I should have plenty of time just curious. Wanted to make sure I didn't just get lost in the shuffle as things do from time to time in any business.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.