Manners GAT Stock

Jumpalot

Anyone used or have any thoughts on this stock? I've used thumbhole stocks before and really like them, just not a tactical stock. Thinking about using one on a new build I'm having started.

From what I've heard, those are top quality stocks. They are supposed to be one of the strongest and most durable. It should function quite well. What exactly is your concern? The only concern I'd have is, depending on what your specific use for the rifle will be, tactical stocks will often weigh more. I do not know the weight of the Manners.

Why don't you call Thomas manners atthe shop and tell him what you want to build. He will make you a stock for a light weight barrel he just don't advertise it. I am going to have one built for my 300 win mag.

It's gonna be for a dedicated long range hunting rifle. Chambered in 338 Ultra or Edge and wearing a #7 barrel.

Last edited:
The GAT is an excellent choice if you want a mix of tactical and sporter.

I have one and it suits my requirements. Tom was very good to deal with and ive ordered other stocks from him since I got the GAT.

They are extremely durable and well made although not a drop in little alteration is required to get a good fit.

The thumbhole is slightly larger than the Mac Lazzeroni style so if you have larger hands these are the way to go. The forend is a bit slim if you shoot off bags but stable nevertheless.

I have no regrets over purchase and I know others who would go this way too.

If you do a search on the site, you will see pictures posted from GAT owners.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts