Manners stock inletting question

Cgerden74

I was wondering if anyone had any experience inletting a gen 2 mini chassis? I would need to take out material so my trigger hanger will fit on a kelbly action. I also will need to take some out for the side bolt release and the ports but I assume that's easier with the composite and not metal. If you have any advice I would appreciate it. Thank you

I've never owned a kelby, but know it's a rem 700 footprint. You're sure the mini chassis would need to be modified? I wouldn't want to modify/inlet a mini chassis.

I just got my first mini chassis in an eh1 for a tikka with factory bottom metal and mag. It bolted up flawlessly, but had order a new magazine for feeding to function 100%. Previous mag had been modified for another aftermarket stock.

The back trigger hanger screw gets into the material right in front of and including the rear pillar. I'm staring at one I need to do and trying to decide if I'm going to hand fit it with a file or a mill.

What I don't know is how that messes with the chassis, I'm dealing with a non chassis eh1.

You might call Manners, they are known for doing things like that for customers. Otherwise any smith with a mill can do it. If you feel handy with a Dremel or hand files go slow and you can do it.

Good luck!