Making Your Semi-Custom Rifle Look Custom By Bryan Chatwell

ADMIN

Administrator
The point that I am getting at is that many of us have semi-custom rifles built on factory actions that shoot great but just don't have that custom feel or look. Several companies offer affordable actions based on a Remington footprint that will drop in to a Remington 700 stock with little to no fitting. These actions are cheaper than having a Remington fully blue printed and it seems that there is a definite trend in the shooting world to use these actions. However, if you don't mind spending a little money on the actions you currently have here are a few ways to customize your current Remington 700. Not only will these upgrades improve the look of your Remington but, more importantly, your rifle will be more dependable and accuracy will be improved as well. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Making Your Custom Rifle Look Custom, By Bryan Chatwell. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

I agree fluting your bolt makes your rifle look bad@$$ (custom). It's not much fun to do but a cnc lathe with live tooling sure helps... ask Nape.270 lol...

My dirty savage

pix deleted...too big. - Len

Last edited by a moderator:
Please re-do the pix to make them smaller so guys don't have to scroll so much. Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.