Maker Bullets

They're using a HUGE hollow point which indicates to me that they've found the problem the first barnes bullets had of not expanding fast enough and instead of dealing with metallurgy, they went with cavity size. I could be wrong but that's what it looks like.

I've reloaded and shot their 110gr and 125gr High Velocity in my Blk Out. Accuracy is good in SBR and tightens up with 20". 1"-1.5" at 100 yards Also their 200gr Sub's in Blk Out...They REALLY expand and I havent lost any pedals in H2O targets...they haven't broke apart and penetrate well. I have just started loading their 70gr .224 High Velocity. They shoot well enough, but I am only hitting 2550fps...I need to up my powder and get moving faster. Slow going with no Load Data. I used Maker's COAL listed on their Loaded Ammo...Used Barnes Powder Data. START LOW !!
After I take a deer with a Maker, I will know more...and then decide if I will purchase more. If they expand as they do in Water....Game On !

I believe I talked with the owner of maker bullets at nra show a couple years ago in Dallas. Paul Henderson I think, I would recommend calling calling and talking with him. Seemed knowledgable.

They have some intriguing designs for subsonic hunting. I need to try some in 300blk.

Seeing how the barnes's x bullets were developed in the 80's I don't think patents infringement is possible. Unless he's copying their manufacturing method, his bullets looked machined though.

According to Patent Law, a patent can remain viable for 20 years to give the originator the opportunity to recoup any manufacturing costs for their efforts.
Another business can enter into an agreement to make Product X by paying licensing fees during that time but without such an agreement it would be Patent Infringement.
After 20 years anyone can literally copy the original as long as the refrain from using the same marketing name and some other nuances.

I've reloaded and shot their 110gr and 125gr High Velocity in my Blk Out. Accuracy is good in SBR and tightens up with 20". 1"-1.5" at 100 yards Also their 200gr Sub's in Blk Out...They REALLY expand and I havent lost any pedals in H2O targets...they haven't broke apart and penetrate well. I have just started loading their 70gr .224 High Velocity. They shoot well enough, but I am only hitting 2550fps...I need to up my powder and get moving faster. Slow going with no Load Data. I used Maker's COAL listed on their Loaded Ammo...Used Barnes Powder Data. START LOW !!
After I take a deer with a Maker, I will know more...and then decide if I will purchase more. If they expand as they do in Water....Game On !
Please let us know your results should you harvest a deer with this projo. Also whether you went subsonic or much high velocity, etc.
Thanks and good luck.

I see they have a plastic tipped version. And the forward section, where bullet jackets are skived, these have 3 slits cut lengthwise on the exterior of the bullet. Thus 3 petals form during expansion.

Wonder how their BC values prove out?