magpro temp problems

bruno t

I have had to lower my charge 3 grains from my fall loads. Getting some high pressure, ithought magpro wasn't temp sensitive. Getting more velocity with less powder, but I do have my seating depth a little longer 0.30 justoff the lands. Have to seat in and try again. Or if anyone has a comment or idea let me know thanks.

You are doing a good job of monitoring the situation.
Just keep a log and determine your temp ,powder charge, and velocity parameters.
Then you can adjust accordingly

Yeah well I have a benchrest match in 15 days 600yds, factory class with my kimber 270wsm double a french walnut, piller bedded, glass bedded, match trigger, chamber, barrel. Freefloated barrel, ect I've shot a 0.253 5 shot group last fall. 3 shots almost went through the same hole. When it comes to kimber rifles either, shoot unbelievably great, or they just shoot ok. I got a good one that takes all bullet weights so far. Its the first 7pound 15 ounce rifle, with scope that has shot so good for me. I've owned benchrest, varmint rifles that won't shoot as good. Still learning the lines on the leapold 4.5x14 power scope. It has the boone and crocket reticle that, I really love. So I'm trying to make a load and copy the conditions that I'll be shooting in. They don't make kimbers with aa french anymore, just a french walnut. But I really want a 270 allen magnum rifle. Gana start saving up for one. Thanks for the info.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.