Magpro?

upacreek

So I hear a lot of talk about H1000 and Retumbo, but how is magpro? H1000 is almost nonexistent around here, but i was able to pick up some magpro. I shot tonight and the chrony consistently ran the closest speeds with it and my tightest groups were with mag pro. Plus my velocities were around 100fps faster than anything else. Tonight i was liking the stuff, so tell me the downside........temp instability?

Heya Upacreek, wish I could help ya. I totally understand your issue with powder shortage as being in Twin Falls, it gets rough. I sure hope the mag pro is a winner and heck, if it is temp sensitive, you can always do it the old fashion way and just compensate for it. Best of luck man.

Oh... Off subject, but did ya draw this year? Hoping you got lucky,

James

Last edited:
Thanks guys, nope didn't draw. I am self employed, recently divorced and have 3 little kids to take care of. Gonna get my new barrel broke in and loads worked up and do my normal general elk hunt. Hope next year is much better!
I was liking the magpro........so if anyone has something bad to say please tell me before i go buy 2 more pounds.

Thanks

Sounds like you have a tough juggling act! I've got 2 older girls, one just moved to Rhode Island with her beau this last weekend, and my son 14 loves guns, but no interest in hunting. I got lucky enough to draw for antlered deer in unit 55 this year. Was really hoping for elk... But beggars can't be choosers! Best of luck man. Hope you get a nice one this year.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.