Magnum pistol primers in .45 ACP?

Hawkeye Pierce

Ok guys I was going to trade it away but figured if it could work might as well find out.
I have 500 CCI large pistol mag primers, plenty of brass, a little less than a pound of hogden HI-SKOR 800X, but no bullets.
Figured I would work to find bullets if it could be useful.
Question, has anybody put a mag primer in a .45 ACP and had good results?

Work the load up again. In 9mm I've found very little, if any, difference between standard and magnum pistol primers for standard pistol rounds. My loads are mild though.

Ok guys I was going to trade it away but figured if it could work might as well find out.
I have 500 CCI large pistol mag primers, plenty of brass, a little less than a pound of hogden HI-SKOR 800X, but no bullets.
Figured I would work to find bullets if it could be useful.
Question, has anybody put a mag primer in a .45 ACP and had good results?
I use them in the 10mm and in the .45 ACP all the time, never any issues. If you have any doubts start out low and work your way up to the load that you would like. As for bullets I have had very good luck/performance with Rim Rock, hard cast bullets. His bullets are top shelf, reasonably priced and wait time is a few weeks; but last I heard he has stepped up production. I use Rim Rock "TOP SHELF" hard cast bullets in my Glock 20, again no issues and do use the magnum pistol primers with Power Pistol powder.

to bad we weren't closer . I'd trade primers with you . I also have a bunch of 185gr SWC 45cal bullets . I did use mag primers before , without problems , in my 1911 .