Magnetospeed

ILVTOHT

Just used my Magnetospeed sporter for the first time. I really like it!

I have a question though. Do you have to push the button before the first shot or something? I just strapped it on and shot... my first reading was #1 3215,
#2 3248, #3 3250, #4 3245.
first reading really messed up my average, SD, and ES. I'm trying to figure out why...

Just used my Magnetospeed sporter for the first time. I really like it!

I have a question though. Do you have to push the button before the first shot or something? I just strapped it on and shot... my first reading was #1 3215,
#2 3248, #3 3250, #4 3245.
first reading really messed up my average, SD, and ES. I'm trying to figure out why...
First shot was clean next shots the barrel was fouledAs said above possibly cold ?

Last edited:
No.
Fouled barrel, but the first shot of the day.
There's your answer.
Its a bit like when you do load development, I always fire a few shots just to bring everything up to operating temperature so to speak, cool down slightly then start.
But once I have the load I then check my cold bore shot POI.

I like the Magneto speed, but just remember it will shift your POI as well.

There's your answer.
Its a bit like when you do load development, I always fire a few shots just to bring everything up to operating temperature so to speak, cool down slightly then start.

I like the Magneto speed, but just remember it will shift your POI as well.
Get a mount like this from wiser Percision it does not mount to the barrel and will not affect your point of impact
199DD816-0C3E-4E4B-AEB7-B9C9BA9A9C9A.jpeg

How does it attach to the rifle? And how expensive is it?
Looks like it attaches to a rail or an atlas bipod?

I now group all my chrono data into three categories: clean and cold, dirty and cold, and dirty and warm. Dirty = fouled. This approach helps me to better understand my data and apply it in the field.

I just bought one and fitted it to my rifle, looking forward to trying it out at the range. It came very quickly, and everything appears to fit well and be of good quality. The carbon fiber rod that allows adjustment to different length barrels is extremely long, but although it looks a little funny and will probably draw comments from guys at the range, it works fine on my 24" 6.5CM and will be fine on my 30" 224V.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.