Magnetospeed

I just bought one and fitted it to my rifle, looking forward to trying it out at the range. It came very quickly, and everything appears to fit well and be of good quality. The carbon fiber rod that allows adjustment to different length barrels is extremely long, but although it looks a little funny and will probably draw comments from guys at the range, it works fine on my 24" 6.5CM and will be fine on my 30" 224V.
My other rifle has a longer barrel but is currently being re-barreled at this time as soon as I get it back I will cut it down to minimum length for that rifle and should be good for the other

Those are great if you have a picatinny rail or a bipod. Too bad nobody had came up with a mount for a rifle that isn't using either of those.
A pic rail is very cheap nearly anyone can drill two holes and run 2 screws Also I have Seen pick rails that adapt to a sling swivel there are several ways it can be done none are very hard

A pic rail is very cheap nearly anyone can drill two holes and run 2 screws Also I have Seen pick rails that adapt to a sling swivel there are several ways it can be done none are very hard
I agree. I just prefer not to use a pic rail. I suppose one could install it during testing and then remove it for hunting. I just use my pack as my rest and a pic rail is to grabby to slide across my pack easily.

It's definitely interesting. How is the quality? Have you seen any variances with velocity recording with the magnetospeed directly attached to the rifle vs with the wiser precision device?

It's definitely interesting. How is the quality? Have you seen any variances with velocity recording with the magnetospeed directly attached to the rifle vs with the wiser precision device?
I have not noticed any differences it works exactly the same either way other than not screwing with your point of impact

I talked to Shane today. It can be mounted to a picatinny or acra rail and the sporter model will work with a suppressor with their product. Those were my concerns. How to mount and can I buy the less expensive sporter add their adapter and have no POI shift and even work with suppressor
So pretty sure this is my next purchase
Thanks

Buck

To be honest I have not seen that POI shift I read everyone talk about. I will admit I don't bother with zeroing the load until after I have finished with load development so the Magnetospeed is already off the barrel.

I do prefer heavy barrels...all my bolt rifles are varmint or heavier. There a few safe queens with lite barrels in the back of the safe, but they have not seen direct sun light in 30 years! Almost all my AR's are heavy contour as well.

No need to press anything. Once you plug in the unit and it is finished initialising you are good to go. A cold bore will generally give you a different reading to a warm barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.