MagnetoSpeed Sporter

Buska

I used the search tool and found a lot of information on the MagnetoSpeed V3 model but nothing came up for the Sporter model. Has anyone tried it or compared it's performance/accuracy to the V3. It's got to be half the cost for a reason, right? On the other hand, if guys have had good results with it I'm not against saving $200

Love my V3. Worth every penny. You won't regret it.

Yeah that's what I'm finding, everyone loves the V3. What I'm trying to figure out is what's the deal with the Sporter model? It's $180 vs the $380?

The Sporter is every bit as accurate as their other models. It's just comes without all the bells and whistles - so it's less expensive to produce and market.
I had a V2 and loved it. But I made the mistake of setting it up with the bayonet mount covering my brake ports. Blew it apart.
I was able to repair it and it worked good as new after the surgery but while I was doing the repairs I picked up a Sporter so I'd have something to work with.
When I got the V2 repaired I gave it to a fellow shooter and kept the Sporter. I still use the Sporter regularly. Don't need all the bells and whistles.
I find the telescoping plastic carring case for the Sporter to be somewhat annoying so I stopped by my local thrift shop and picked up a molded tool case (probably used for a portable drill or something like that) and lined it with foam.
End of story. Spend your money where you will. The Sporter is a good choice IMO.
gun) - - - - - - - - - (X)

The Sporter is every bit as accurate as their other models. It's just comes without all the bells and whistles - so it's less expensive to produce and market.
I had a V2 and loved it. But I made the mistake of setting it up with the bayonet mount covering my brake ports. Blew it apart.
I was able to repair it and it worked good as new after the surgery but while I was doing the repairs I picked up a Sporter so I'd have something to work with.
When I got the V2 repaired I gave it to a fellow shooter and kept the Sporter. I still use the Sporter regularly. Don't need all the bells and whistles.
I find the telescoping plastic carring case for the Sporter to be somewhat annoying so I stopped by my local thrift shop and picked up a molded tool case (probably used for a portable drill or something like that) and lined it with foam.
End of story. Spend your money where you will. The Sporter is a good choice IMO.
gun) - - - - - - - - - (X)

Sounds like it's worth a go to me. Thank you for the feedback.

Yep, what FearNoWind said. Take the savings of the sporter and pick up the little attachment to download results to your phone and email the excel file to yourself. Makes record keeping a breeze.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.