Magneto Speed Attachment Arm?

SteelBanger

I feel like I've seen someone post some kind of cheap adjustable arm that can mount to a pic rail and then out in front of the barrel to hold a magneto in place. Anyone familiar with such a setup? I know MKMachine makes an arm specifically for that purpose but it's far from cheap! I have a couple rifles with an enclosed forearm with not enough barrel sticking out to do a direct mount on the barrel so I need to extend something out off the hand guard to get the job done.

Any ideas out there?

I never tried any of the home-made mounts for my Magnetospeed, but I had the Wiser Precision mount and it worked fantastic. Lightweight and super sturdy...not "cheap", but less expensive than the MK Machining mount.

I never tried any of the home-made mounts for my Magnetospeed, but I had the Wiser Precision mount and it worked fantastic. Lightweight and super sturdy...not "cheap", but less expensive than the MK Machining mount.
Thank you for the suggestion, I hadn't seen this one before and it looks to be about $50 less than the MKM. I like the looks of it as well!

5F1A94D1-8AF5-480E-AED5-6D24A8EDAC08.jpeg
Wiser precision

Thanks for bringing this subject up fellow longrange kats & kittens. I just last week, had added a full length Arca Swiss rail to my 25 Creedmoor' chassis and just now realized, I didn't have an Arca Swiss adapter, to connect my current Wiser Sporter chrono mount?! Issue resolved with a quick visit to the Wiser site đź‘Ť

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.