Magazine for 6.5x284 NORMA

MTbackwoods

LRH Sponsor
I'm building a 6.5x284 on a Remington 700 long action and I'm trying to figure out where I can get magazines and bottom metal for it. Google isn't turning up much so I was hoping to be enlightened by some of you smart gents

I'm building a 6.5x284 on a Remington 700 long action and I'm trying to figure out where I can get magazines and bottom metal for it. Google isn't turning up much so I was hoping to be enlightened by some of you smart gents
I got mine with my stock that I purchased from Manners give them a call maybe they will sell just the bottom metal and mag box
image.jpg

Go with any that says magnum long action. I tried both 270,280,3006 mags and 7 rem mag 300 win mag. Then magnum one fed better. I load 6.5x284 144gr Bergers @ 3.13 COAL. Feeds like a dream.

I'm running Magpul bottom metal and mags.... not fancy but it works well.

Go with any that says magnum long action. I tried both 270,280,3006 mags and 7 rem mag 300 win mag. Then magnum one fed better. I load 6.5x284 144gr Bergers @ 3.13 COAL. Feeds like a dream.

I'm running Magpul bottom metal and mags.... not fancy but it works well.
Mine are accurate mags both are stamp 338LM or Lapua magnum on the box on the order form it says one is for a 300 win mag I guess it's a miss print both mags are exactly the same .I did have to tune them or adjust the lips a great deal to get everything to feed smoothly at first.
image.jpg

I used an HS precision bottom metal with the 30.06 mag for my 6.5x284 build as it fit the standard BDL inlet on the mcmillan stock I used. I really like it flush bottom fits perfect with no rattle or movement positive lock quickneazy drop. Kind of expensive but very good quality. 2 years later I'm glad I went this direction. Never had any feeding issues. ARC Nucleus action with a proof barrel chamberd by straight jacket armory. Shoots around an inch at 300. I also have a couple of savage semi custom rifles in 6.5 x284 . My favorite

Let us know how your 6.5X284 shoots and with what bullets and loads. We are big fans of the 6.5X284
Who is cutting your chamber and is it SAMI or Custom Reamer? What Barrel/Action/Trigger/Stock?
Thanks
Len & Jill
It will start with trueing my 700 action, then getting a Remage prefit from McGowen, the rifle already has a Timney trigger and a Bell and Carlson Long Range Hunter stock. I'll have to weigh components as I progress through the build as this rifles primary purpose will be NRL Hunter league and I'll have to stay under 16 lbs all in. I may swap to the KRG Bravo down the road if I can afford the weight