6.5x284 norma

I have been extremely pleased with the performance of the berger vld on deer, antelope, and elk out to a 1,000 in my 7wsm, although I am open to try new things...if I could actually get find bullets! I have had a real hard time finding brass, bullets, powder, etc....

If you can get 150 fps difference is minimal from 750 to 1000 yards. I am not sure you can gain 150 fps with a 10 grain weight reduction though. That seems a bit high to me. I was figuring 100 fps.

I agree with this. I think the opposite could be true driving the 130's at high speeds, not to mention a hit on barrel life. I have had excellent expansion with the 140's on broadside chest shots, half inch entry, one and a half inch exit at all ranges with major damage of the internals.

I have two 6.5x284s. A lighter rifle with a 24" Brux #3, 8 twist 24" and a heavier rifle with a #4 Brux, 8 twist and 26".

I gain about 50 fps with the 26". 52 H4831sc @ 2850 to 2900. Hope this helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.